2008年10月16日星期四

<正确态度>

Last Sunday i came across a beautiful article by Tessie Lim, hope to share with you and to remind myself too!

WE CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS US!



Question:
I have started university and I am struggling because I cannot manage so much new information.
I also worry about money.Sometimes i cannot breathe under all the pressure.I am afraid I will let my parents down if I do not do well.



Answer: When i attempted my first psych assignment, I remember overwhelmed is how i felt. I too, felt I 'd never finish learning the first chapter, so how would I finish the whole semester?

I expected my lecturer to be sympathetic but instead, she told me: "Work from a more powerful platform. Chuck out your 'I'm not good enough' game. It would not serve you, silly girl!" (I was 40).

Now when i attempt anything remotely challenging, i tell myself: "This is great! Imagine all the things i can accomplish once i'am done studying this. Heck! I do not have to remember everything at once. A little at a time is good enough. I will soon master this material and then we will see who the master is!" I suppose what i am talking about is attitude, the way we look at things. Now i tend to be selfish about things i want. I make sure i have whatever i need (feeling, thougths, behaving, company, etc...) so that i am best equipped to perform to the levels I set. I distance myself from anything that does not support what I want.

from NST: New Sunday Times: Sunday People (Get a Life) pg R6) 12 OCt. 2008

(by Tessie Lim)
Tessie Lim is the Founder of World Centre of Personal Excellence, a company she set up for the purpose of enabling and driving dreams through facilitating and realising potential, defining purpose and meaning for an optimal life. She is a certified performance coach with an extensive background in behavioural psychology, marketing, business and education. You may write to her at tess@wpx.com.my

没有评论: